One of the most important IT modernization programs for federal agencies in the coming year will be to replace legacy SPARC environments. SPARC servers have been a reliable workhorse for federal agencies for many years, so the decision about how, or if to upgrade is significant.
While upgrading IT has traditionally meant an expensive and disruptive upgrade, what if agencies could also modernize how they upgrade by looking to choosing an as-a-Service approach. By choosing SPARC as-a-Service agencies can reduce the total number of servers that need to be housed and powered, but there are many more benefits.
Most importantly, choosing SPARC as-a-Service enables federal agencies to use their limited IT budgets to greatest effect. Legacy infrastructure is consuming nearly 80% ($64B), of the $80B federal IT budget, which leaves just 20% ($16B) available for IT modernization efforts. Even with additional sources, such as the Technology Modernization Fund (TMF), budgets barely increase. After all, in 2019 the TMF amounted to just $25M in additional funding across all agencies.
We’ve put together an easy-to-understand infographic with the help of the experts at ViON to help you navigate this phase of your agency’s IT modernization journey and understand the as-a-Service imperative.
Click the image below to download the PDF.