As government agencies begin to fully embrace cloud computing for enhanced efficiencies and reducing overall costs, there is a world of challenges and opportunities that come with making this shift.
Chip Copper, Principal Engineer at Brocade, recently provided some key insights into the reality of cloud computing and what it will mean for government agencies. With many definitions of the ‘the cloud,’ it is often difficult to gain a clear perspective on how the cloud can help agencies be more efficient and effective.
Mr. Copper discussed this and a number of other topics, including:
- The need for a clear definition of cloud computing;
- The difference between data center consolidation and cloud computing;
- The need to build in a cloud strategy from the onset of a project;
- How to drive cloud computing success;
- How a new generation of technologists is driving new cloud-based architectures.
Be sure to check out the full podcast with Mr. Copper below.